Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2006/11/08

FAMILY WORRIES

IM WRITTING ON BEHALF OF OUR FAMILLY THE PROBLEM IS MY SISTER SHE IS 15 YEARS OLD, AND SHE IS LIVING WITH MY MOM-MY MOM IS AN ALCOHOLIC AND MY SISTER ISNT IN SCHOOL SHE USES DRUGS NOW AND THEN SHE DRINKS ALCOHOL AND CUTS HERSELF-ONE DAY SHE WOULD SAY SHE NEEDS HELP AND OTHER TIMES WHEN U FONE HER SHE IS HIGH AND SHE WOULD TELL U EVEN SHE DOESNT KEEP IT A SECRET WHEN SHE HIGH AND WHEN SHES HIGH SHE CUTS HERSELF I KNOW CAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT... SHE IS REALLY A BEAUTIFUL GIRL IF U SEE HER U WONT BELIEVE THE THINGS I TELL U IM SO WORRIED SHE IS SO YOUNG... SHE DEOSNT WANT O LIVE WITH MY FATHER AND SHE CANT LIVE WITH EVEN IF I WANT TO MY FIRST BORN IS ON THE WAY AND I HAVE JUST A 2 BEDROOM HOUSE AND IM AFRAID IF SHE COMES AND STAY WITH ME ME AND MY FIANCE WOULD NOT LAST LONG BECAUSE MY SISTER IS VERY LAZY AND SHE DOES AL THAT STUFF THAT I DONT ALOUW IN MY HOUSE..

WHAT CAN WE DO AS A FAMILLY- WE HAVE ALOT OF FAMILLY BRAAIS AND STUFF BUT IT DEOSNT SEEM TO WORK..

Expert ImageTeen expert

Given what you describe I would suggest you contact an organisation called FAMSA.

They are really helpful in dealing with family issues where things have become problematic.

You are very right to be concerned for your sister and she may not be able to fully ask for help herself, but she is a minor and if your mother cannot care for her because of an addiction social services may need to also provide you with assistance. But the first step is for you to consider where to find help for her.

Please visit www.famsa.org and make contact with this service as I think you are right in asking for help at this time, and you also need to care for yourself whilst you are pegnant, and taking on the whole family's stress alone will not be good for you.