Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/15

Family - Wish

Hi CS and anyone else,
My family is now getting involved in my life, my stepmother is apparently very worried about the situation and is concerned for my daughter. I have however spoken to the school psychologist and asked him to speak to my daughter and make sure she is okay. He has raised some concerns with me which I am addressing. Most of the issues I had addressed while I was in hospital and it has already been implemented. Things have not been going well as you are aware and I haven't been coping with anything. I don't want to loose my daughter and am scared that if I do something, that is anything that they will make a move to take her from me. Do you think I am being irrational or could they very well take her from me?
They discussed quite a number of things about me last night and it was an interesting perspective that I got of myself, I am a strange one and have done many a crazy and impulsive thing in my life and each time it gets worse. I get myself deeper and deeper into S H I T and I can't seem to get out of it. This time I am in over my head and have no idea what to do. The bf said he would help but I feel guilty that he has to sit with my nonsense, even though he wants to how am I going to do this?

Good idea to have spoken with the school psychologist and to take on board his suggestiosn for useful amendments. I suppose there is some possibility that someone with an interest in the situation might consider it better for the child for her to be taken into care, or into the cae of some other relative, but that would only have a possibility of succeeding if they could convince the authroties that the child was in some form of danger while in your care, and that iot would be in her best interests to be at least temporarily in someone else's care.
So you can help to prevent that happening, by making sure that you strictyl avoid self-damage of any form, which, even if you don't intend it to be dangerous, as you well know, it's enormously alarming to others. Control the impulses --- you can, and often do, manage to do this. Accept the help of your bf, and work hard with your own shrink. You can get through this