Question
Posted by: A | 2007/02/19

family member died of stroke

Has anyone here in this forum had a family member or loved one suffer a stroke and later died? It would be great to hear your experience. My mom had what was diagnosed as a mild stroke two years ago and then died last year. She slowly deteriorated. We were offered no help or education on the situation. I would like to hear from others who may have been in a similar situation. I am also trying to find out where I could possibly go to volunteer in Johannesburg as a caregiver to people who are stroke victims. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some ideas. Thanks

Dear A
There actually are plenty of stroke support organizations!
See http://www.strokeaid.org.za/ for a Johburg one
I am so sorry nobody supported you! It is wonderful that you are reaching out to others - God bless.