Posted by: Thando | 2009/03/03

Family matters

I have a 6 months old son I stay with the father and his daughter and an adopted girl. We will be getting married in December but I am worried because the father does not want to include the baby in any of his policies on work benefits as also a beneficiary what do I do whenever I tell him he just say when something happens I only need to produce a marriage certificate is this true. And the otherthing about the house what do I need to do because I can see he is a clever man I dont want to see myself loosing the house when maybe something happens to him because I am telling you he loves his kids more than anything I am afraid he can right them as beneficiaries and I am left alone and this causes problems at home I dont love the kids anymore because even the money is given to them and I dont get anything cause I am working what about the baby that I have I just have to struggle alone with buying milk you know men I dont think I will continue with this life anymore he has given me the baby its fine I will struggle alone as long as I will be happy.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

What sot of marriage would it b if he doesn't want to include your son in his medical aid or other policies --- he;s expecting you to accept HIS other children wihout fuss. I don't know how the rules of his medical aid work, you'd have to ask them. But if its as simple as he says, what harm would it do to put the child on the policy anyway ?
If the house you refer to is yours, consult a lawyer as there are different types of marriage, and you need to make sure you protect the house for yourself and your son. Similaly, don't rush into mariage if he is keeping money from you and your son. Meanwhile, also get legal advice ( the Mainenance Court should be able to help ) about getting a court order forr maintenance from the father of your son

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.