Question
Posted by: Deon | 2010/06/23

Familly

Have been on Molipaxin(100 mg.)for approx 5 years now.I feel that It served it''s purpose as depression is getting the better of me lately.Went onto a higher dossage before,but to no avail.I''m a little scared because I know that these changes can play havoc with your hormone system.Was married to a shrink.Seeing my therapist next week but not sure how to handle this.

Well, obviously you need to discuss this, like anythin else that bothers you, with your shrink.
Usually, if there has been just one episode of depression, the recommendation is for AD medication for around 9 months, and one can stop if the depression has fully cleared up ; but long-term therapy is suggested when there have been 3 or more episodes.
There are many AD alternatives, some of which might suit you better, and no reason a all to stick to Molipaxin, other than that it suited you before - but if there is now some breakthrough depression despite being on it, learly a different AD should be tried.
ADs as such generally don't interfere with your hormonews, so you needn't worry about that. Your therapist will be able to recommend a different med, which may suit you even better than Molipaxin once did

1