Question
Posted by: Chiara | 2007/08/06

False positive pregnancy?

Hi there. I stopped using the pill 3 months ago and my period is late. I started doing home pregnancy tests on the first day after my expected period, today is the 5th day. All 7 home pregnancy tests (different brands) so far showed a second line - fainter than the control line, but definitely there, no doubt. I went to a GP at my local health center yesterday and he did a sonar, but said it was negative. Can all 7 HPT's be wrong? Can the sonar be wrong? Should I rather have a blood test done?

The sonar would not show anything in a very early pregnancy. The best thing would be to do a blood test to confirm.

5
Posted by: anonymous | 2015/12/11

I skipped my period for two months. This Sunday suddendly my cycle started.I have been feeling, weak, nausea, fatigue. My flow was really heavy and Monday some flesh like thing came out with some blood clots attached. Yesterday the same and I started panicking especially since my flow is heavy. Usually it is only heavy on the first days and lasts up to 4 days. I am still menstruating. I went to the dr and my urine test positive. I was them referred to the hospital for a sonar but it doesn't pick up anything. Not sure what to make of this really.

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: Gretchen | 2007/08/06

It is too soon for a sonar to detect a pregnancy.

Rather go for a blood test, if 7 tests shows positive, it must be positive!

Reply to Gretchen
Posted by: cs | 2007/08/06

It happen to me to three days after my missed period i went for a sonar and the doctor told me i am not pregnant i waited for 3 weeks then i did another sonar and my gyne did a internal scan and there was the heart beat so not worry just relax. If you did 7 hpt and all came our positive there are no way they all can be faulty. Congrats hope u enjoy the journey i am know almost 4 months pregnant and i enjoy every moment of it.

Reply to cs
Posted by: J | 2007/08/06

I have a healthy 7 month old daughter today. When I got the first positive HPT I also went for sonar immediately. Could not find anything on Sonar but 1 week later (thus 1 week after 1st missed day of period - ie 5 weeks pregnant) we could see little sac with yolk sac). Wait untill two weeks after first day of missed period for sonar then your changes are much bigger to even see the little heart beat. Don't upset yourself over nothing by going for sonar to early. Remember that little egg has a very far way to travel before getting to the womb where it can be picked up on sonar. Good luck.

Reply to J
Posted by: flower | 2007/08/06

a friend of mine did a home pregnancy test and it tested postive, also a faint second line. She then went to have a blood test and it came out positive, and immediately went for a sonar and they picked up nothing. She is pregnant, four months now, but apparently they said you cannot pick up anything on a sonar in those very early days. Rather go for a blood test then you will know for sure.

good luck

Reply to flower