Question
Posted by: Leila | 2004/12/23

False Negative Blood Test???

Hi Ladies

Has anybody had experience with a false negative blood test?

I am on Day 39 of my cycle and definitely ovulated (ovulation test) and did the 'deed' on the relevant days.

I have all the preggie signs (no period, sore boobs, slight nausea etc), yet the blood test was negative.

I have PCOS but according to my ovulation test I definitely ovulated.

I have had two 23 day cycles before this cycle and ovulated +/- the same time in both cycles as well as in this cycle (Day 10 - 12).

Is there any way that you can ovulate but not get your period and not be pregnant or could there a chance that the blood test was incorrect?

Also, I have had slight spotting, here and there this cycle.

Thanks for the advice.

If you had a negative blood test on Day 28, it may have been a bit early. Try repeating it now.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2004/12/23

Do another one now then!

Good Luck - let us know!!!
Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Leila | 2004/12/23

Hi Nix

I did a blood test on Day 28 of and it was negative.

Leila

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Nix | 2004/12/23

If you did a blood test on day 39 and your normal cycles are 23 days, it would certainly show if you were pregnant. Perhaps you should see your doctor to find out why youre period hasn't started. Are you taking medication for your PCOS?

Yes, its possible to not conceive if you know you ovulated and had sex on the right days. Women only have a 25% chance of conceiving with each cycle (thats considering there are no problems with the either the man or woman). If you've only been trying for 2 months, hang in there and keep trying. If you have no sucess after 9-12 months, see your gynae for tests.

Good luck!
Nix

Reply to Nix