Question
Posted by: spurguz | 2004/12/14

falling pregnant while on anti-depressants

I was wondering if you could please assist me on this question, what will happen if I fall pregnant while on anti-depressants (Lorien) will it damage the baby and must I stop immediately, please help

It is thought that there may be a slightly higher miscarriage rate with fluoxetine, but no abnormalities in the baby.

6
Posted by: science | 2004/12/15

Dear spurguz

According to the manufacturer of Lorien (Prozac), the studies they conducted showed that it holds no danger for the baby. There is some debate about it though, and a recent US government report has indicated a small chance of premature birth. This is contested by other groups though. The most specialists say that it better to stay on the Lorien, especially as the hormonal changes can aggravate depression and thus cause more problems. The benefits of the Lorien apparently outweigh the small possibilities of complicaton with the pregnancy. Best would be to discuss it with your GP or Gynae. Obviously, if there is a safer alternative you could go for that. Whatever you do, just don't stop using your Lorien all of a sudden!

Reply to science
Posted by: me | 2004/12/15

If its in GODs hands, then you're right - he will decide!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to me
Posted by: Doret | 2004/12/15

Jez, Al we can do about stupid people like (Me) is feel sorry for them. Some people just dont understand depression and then make pathetic comments about people with depression. I know its bad, but I pray they all experience the agony of depression once in their lives so that they can know how we feel.
You will make a great mom - whether on medication or not.

Reply to Doret
Posted by: Jez | 2004/12/14

Time to get defensive .... my dear ... dear ME .... if GOD feels I am good enough to be a mommy ... who the hell are you to tell me I'm not ?

Reply to Jez
Posted by: me | 2004/12/14

if you're on anti depressants, its not a good idea to fall pregnant for two reasons: the medication can be bad for baby and also your state of mind isn't right to conceive.

Reply to me
Posted by: Jez | 2004/12/14

Hey Spurguz
I was on Cilift when I fell preggies , my GP took me off it immediately . He said it was best for the baby . Its not easy coping with the hormones plus all the emotions ... but if I made it so can you .

Reply to Jez