Posted by: noma | 2006/11/10

falling pregnant again

I had a sterilization 1998 where my tubes were cut off and i want another child is it posssible for me to get one , and how ? please help me im am 31yrs old

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Noma

The least invasive form of managing this situation would be by Invitro fertilisation through a fertility centre. However, it is also possible to reconstruct and re-anastimose the fallopian tubes through micro-surgery. However, this operation requires full anaesthesia as well as hospitalisation for three to four days, and a post-operative recovery period for plus minus three weeks. The advantage of the IVF is that it is minimally invasive and does not require hospitalisation and post recovery periods. The success rate in either situation is approximately the same.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.