Question
Posted by: noma | 2006/11/10

falling pregnant again

I had a sterilization 1998 where my tubes were cut off and i want another child is it posssible for me to get one , and how ? please help me im am 31yrs old

Dear Noma

The least invasive form of managing this situation would be by Invitro fertilisation through a fertility centre. However, it is also possible to reconstruct and re-anastimose the fallopian tubes through micro-surgery. However, this operation requires full anaesthesia as well as hospitalisation for three to four days, and a post-operative recovery period for plus minus three weeks. The advantage of the IVF is that it is minimally invasive and does not require hospitalisation and post recovery periods. The success rate in either situation is approximately the same.