Question
Posted by: Jay | 2003/12/29

Falling pregnant again

My baby was born by emergency c-section on 25th October. He died after a heart op at 17 days old. I have had a period in December and would like to know how soon can we start trying again? My husband and i both want another baby as soon as possible, but don't know if we need to wait.

At my 6 week post natal check up my doctor said that my uterus was fine and that everything else was fine.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

It is usally suggested that you wait at least 3 months before trying to fall pregnant again to allow your body to return to normal. When you start planning a pregnancy it would be a good idea to take folate tablets, as these help prevent spina bifida and have other benefits to the pregnancy.