Question
Posted by: Pie | 2008/06/18

Falling pregnant after mirena

I had my Mirena removed on the 2nd of April. I started my period 2 days later (I never had a period for the 2 years I had the mirena) which lasted 4 days. My next period only started 41 days later, also for 4 days and then my last period was 29 days later but only lasted for 2 days. I had some brown spotting in between, especially the first month. I really want to fall pregnant with my second child, and am getting a bit concerned. I fell pregnant straight away with my first child after being on the pill.

My question is: Is it normal for your body to go through these adjustments after the mirena? and how long should I wait before assuming there is a problem?

It is normal for the body to take its time in adjusting. It should settle into its own rhythm soon

1
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/06/18

Hi I removed my mirena on 21 Jan 08, got my period 3 days later which did not whant to stop. Had a d&c to stop bleeding. Wel with fertility meds till date I am still not pregnant. Before mirena I even got pregnant during the use of the pill.
Good luck to you, Hope I will also benefit from the answer the gynae doc will give you

Reply to Anon2