Question
Posted by: mc | 2007/08/13

falling pregnant

I'm trying to fall pregnant for more than two years now. I have been for blood tests just after I stopped using contraseptive pills and the dr said my hormones and everything seems fine it might be the pills. I do miss my periods some months. I am a bit stupid with this kind of stuff, should I go see a gynea or what can I do?? Please help!!!

Dear MC
Yes if nothing happens in a year one should see a fertility specialist. First the husband must go for a sperm test - this is quick and relatively cheap and not painful. If they know that his sperm is ok, then the woman should go for tests, sonar, determining of ovulation, maybe a laparoscopy or Histerosalpingogram which can be very uncomfortable but necessary.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2007/08/14

Hi MC the best for you would be to go and see a gynae to tell the truth, there's only so much a GP can do and atleast this way it would help sort out your problem (if any) sooner than later. I think in some way it also gives you peace of mind c's really the mind and body works in mysterious ways. And some adivce dont waste your time with any doctor be it GP or Gynae co's if you are not satisfied or can actually relate to what he/she says always try the next best thing. Someone new. It doesn't mean you have to hop from doc to doc but you must focus on results and what this person does to get to them for you.Hope it helps.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: mc | 2007/08/14

please help

Reply to mc