Question
Posted by: Interested | 2003/03/19

Falling pregnant

Hi, I had an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago. Haven't conceived. On the pill last year for 3 months. Been off since Sept. 2nd Gynae suspected I have PCOS but my gynae before who performed my ectopic did not mention it. Can PCOS occur out of the blue or is it something that you are born with ? we are trying to conceive and nothing has been happening. Is it more difficult with one fallopian tube but two ovaries.

PCOS may not be diagnosed at operation as the cysts are very small. It is diagnosed either on ultrasound or by doing blood tests. It is usually there all the time, but may only present later in life. If you have lost a tube, this would make it more difficult to conceive. I would suggest that you see a fertility expert.