Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2008/01/11

falling pregant

hi doc......

Doc i have been on DIANE talets for about 2 years off and on for my acne. In June 06 i got married and then changed to Genett as i was advised Diane was to mild. Later that year in December i went to the doc ,he confirmed i have under active thyroids. I am 100mg tablet daily, will all these medication lessen the chance to fall pregant. NB: I HAVE STOPPED TAKING ANY CONTISEPTIVES SINCE JUNE 07.

Hubby and have been trying since...

I await your urgent reply...

Very Worried

Dear Worried

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

After stopping the oral contraceptive, it can take up to one year to fall pregnant. Eltroxin will not lessen your chance to fall pregnant. I also recommend that your husband has a sperm count done, in order to determine if everything is in order on his side. You can monitor your menstruational cycle and remember that you are most fertile twelve to fourteen days after menstruation.

Kind regards