Posted by: sleeping beauty | 2008/10/29

falling asleep

plz help me i sleep well at night but while i drive or sit at my desk i just fall asleep im gaining weight even if i dont eat?

Dear sleeping beauty
You may have an underlying problem like anemia, underactive thyroid, or you may have a condition called sleep apnoea, causing you to sleep too light and not rest out properly. We need to have 5-6 deep sleep cycles per night, people with sleeping disorders tend to sleep too light or have restless sleeping. Please ask your doctor to do some blood tests to see whether you have any hormonal disorders that need treatment? After a full physical examination he may need to decide whether you need further testing at a sleep lab.

Posted by: bili | 2009/02/02

My sleeping pattern has drastically changed in the past few months.I used to sleep very light,for fewer hours& mostly active during the day.I also don' t take naps or siestas.But in the last 3months,I reckon I wake up after even 8hours of sleep & want to go back to bed.I get sleepy almost at any time of the day(like now am yawning) something that is very,very strange to my ' normal'  sleeping pattern.I haven' t been taking sleeping pills and do not know if I should be worried with this new& strange development or not.Pls help.Suggestions are welcomed.

Reply to bili