Question
Posted by: Whitey | 2004/10/14

Fake tanning - what's the best?

I've working hard to get my body in shape for summer.
Gyming and trying to eat healthy.

One big problem that I do have have is that I have a very sensitive skin - and I'm very white!
When I go in the sun, I go RED, ITCH and the PEEL!

What would be the best way to get a fake tan for summer.
Should I go for SUNBED sessions or is the SPRAYON tans better?

Please help.

Hi Whitey

You know, I'm not sure about that. Perhaps someone like Plastic surgeon is better to advise you on this. In my opinion, if you peel this easily I'm not sure how a sunbed session would be different apart from the fact that you can control it much more carefully, but either way you will have to go slow on the tanning, otherwise you will just burn. I don't know about the spray on tans, to me that sounds like a real mission to have to do, so I would go with the long term option, but very carefully to make sure that you don't burn and peel.

1
Posted by: Angela | 2004/10/15

Don't go on the sunbed! It's bad for your skin - very bad! I am quite anti-sunshine, because I want to protect my skin and I am also quite fair skinned. I use self tan. And it looks so natural, no one has ever noticed that it's fake. You get various brands and I have used about three different ones and they all work equally good. Just make sure that you follow the directions carefully. Some lasts a week, some longer. But the nice thing is you can touch up any time! I put mine on in the evening after a bath/shower (it works better when your skin is clean) and it looks great in the morning. Enjoy!

Reply to Angela