Question
Posted by: Baddie | 2004/11/22

Fair play?

Is it fair to a partner to stay with him/her even when the other person knows there is no love from your side and you only stay because you feel guilty and bad about the whole situation? There is not a third party involved.

Guilt is never a good basis for any relationship, and a lack of love makes it pointless, doesn't it ? You say the other person knwos this, so there are no secrets about the lack of any basis for a continuing and fulfilling relationship. What, then, would be the point of continuing with the pretence ?

3
Posted by: Not sure | 2004/11/22

Are you happy in this relationship? What about your partner - is he/she happy with the situation? Have you discussed this or had councelling? If you have children it cannot be a happy situation for them either. Or are you pretending all is fine in front of them.

Reply to Not sure
Posted by: makes the two of us | 2004/11/22

baddie this story of yours makes the two uf us. has lost interest and valu from relationship but am still stuck coz of fear of what peopl will say. my current relationship add less than take from me. we are not ilike she sees self living flambouyantly and exorbitantly while i am a realist. it hurts

Reply to makes the two of us
Posted by: V | 2004/11/22

Hey,
Yes it is it's not fair to you or that person. You are both losing out on everything that is good for you it is not healthy for you, you are stuck in that situation and might end up hating the person for keeping you back it is bad for that person they are being led on. I don't know the whole situation but it is worse to stay and live a lie. It'll hurt but it is better for both of you to move on.

Reply to V