Question
Posted by: DOLLY | 2005/06/13

Fair child

Hi, i am not sure if wat i'm about 2 ask is possible, I have dark complexion and my husband is medium complexion, is it possible 4 my child 2 be fair in complexion, i am an Indian, if not wat can i do or take during pregnancy inorder for my child not to be dark in complexion. I once read that if you drink milk and saffron during pregnancy your child will be fair, is it true. i am desperate as i dont want my child to have my skin colour..

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Dolly

I am not familiar with intake of certain substances to affect skin colour. Sorry I cannot help.

Regards, Maritha