Posted by: EVE | 2008/07/23

I visited my gp yesterday concerning my back pain we discovered that my one leg is shorter than the other and its causing quite a bit of pain on the left side anyway to get to the point i was ready to go to bed i put the bean bag where the pain is and a few minutes later i felt this nauseas feeling like i was about to vomit and boom i was out cold on the floor, when i came to i felt shaky and very nauseas and quite frightened. is there a possibility of telling me why i fainted? could it be from the pain or the bean bag that i used? today i keep getting those hot flushes and my back is hurting even more, please help. I thank-you in advance

Hi Eve
Pain can cause vasovagal attacks/fainting spells/syncope causing you to lose consciousness for a few seconds. Another common cause of syncope is a decrease in the amount of blood flowing to the brain as a result of a reduction in the amount of blood being pumped out of the heart. The latter is most often caused by irregular heart beats (arrhythmia). I should not be due to the bean bag. If you have hot flushes you may need to have a urine test too - kidney infection can cause severe back ache and fever/cold shivers.