Question
Posted by: Gillian | 2007/03/23

Fainting

Hi, 2 days ago I experienced a really bad stabbing pain in the area of my pancreas. Just below my ribcage. It was so intense that I sort of struggled to breath - knocked my breath away.
I crouched down and when I came up I saw black spots in front of me and was very disorientated. I also developed a cold sweat and was shaking really bad. Is this how one feels when fainting? And, what could this have been caused by - especially the pain?

Dear Gillian
You probably passed a small gallstone - the symptoms are typical of almost fainting due to pain. Maybe taking a sonar of your gallbladder may be a good idea?