Question
Posted by: Tahira | 2005/07/02

Fainted for the first time

I am +- 24 Weeks pregnant. Went for a facial and while she was busy cleaning my face I felt funny. I told her that I was not feeling comfortable and she asked me what she could do to help and after that nothing. I blacked out.
She went to call someone senior, I came to. She asked me whether I suffered from low blood pressure and I told her no.
They gave me some water to drink and she massaged some points on the bottom of my feet which made me feel much better.
Anyone else experience something similar? Any idea what could of caused my black out. It is not the first time that I have had a facial while being pregnant.

It may be that you were lying flat on your back and this interefered with blood flow.