Question
Posted by: Rachael | 2006/10/25

Faint and Dizzy

My thirteen year old daughter often feels faint and dizzy - she has been menstruating normally for about a year and is otherwise perfectly healthy. Is it possible for a child to suffer from low blood pressure? This has been going on for a long time now and our gp calls it a "malady" but I'm not happy with this as a diagnosis. She is not acting up as she goes very pale when it happens.

Dear Racheal
Yes definitely - let your pharmacy take her bloodpressure as she may need to take something like Effortil. Have you checked that she is not anemic? GP can do that.