Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/01/07

Faint and convulse

I have experienced severe food poisoning twice, and each time I fainted and had convulsions. It doesn't seem normal to pass out dead when you have food poisoning. What can be causing this to happen? The first time my hands turned/spasmed inwards, the second time (a worst case than the first) I passed out completely and it's like all systems just shuts down (my stomach went as well). I'm worried that it might happen when I'm alone (both instances I had someone with me).

Dear Worried
This can happen if you dehydrate too much and if the acid balance in your blood goes out of sync. You should rather get early treatment and as a precaution always take rehydration fluid if you have severe diarrhoea and vomiting (like Rehidrat)