Question
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/11/09

Failure

I’m not a failure in personal life I’ve just learned that I’m a failure at work as well.

Sounds like you've decided that you're a success at being a failure ? Lady nina puts it excellently --- we all fail, and often, and that does not make us "a failure" --- only an idiot doesn't notice their failings. And when she says : " failure to me is the willingness to not try again" --- well, amen to that.
You are NOT a failure, we know you well enough to be sure of that. You haven't run out of chances unless you refuse to use all the many chances you have left, and unless you refuse to try again. Persist, and work with a good therapist to enhance your chances of an earlier success. You CAn do it.

5
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/11/09

Hi El-Jo,
You are not a failure and you can try again, don't give up, your chances are over and admitting you have messed up is already a step in the right direction. Nothing can be that bad that it cannot be fixed with a bit of determination and "deursettings vermoe". I know I am not one to talk but giving advice is simpler than taking it, but I am going to try to change my situation, won't you try to.
Take Care and know it is okay to make mistakes.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: nina | 2004/11/09

then you are 100% right...

Reply to nina
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/11/09

I don't want to try anymore. I had my chances and I've messed up.

Reply to El-Jo
Posted by: Mimi | 2004/11/09

Very True indeed "Failure is the willingness to not try again"
Find out what you need to do inorder to make it work and if it is something you have done in the past, try doing it in another way and with a different attitude as well. ATTITUDE is the keyword. You are what you believe. Try telling yourself other wise and eventually you'll start believing yourself and feeling good.

Take care

Reply to Mimi
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/11/09

hi there

to fail at something DOES NOT mean you are a failure

we fail certain things because we didn't prepare for it - they are lesson we have to learn in life but if we fail them we just try try again - we are only a failure if we don't try again

but if we fail and get up and learn from the experience we are deffinately not failures

failure to me is the willingness to not try again

nina

Reply to lady nina