Question
Posted by: vavas | 2006/03/30

failing to fall pregnant

i'm 23 yrs old .first time of my contraception i was using nuristerate then i change to depo for 1year and using it on 2002 my period start but they were not normal it was like jump 2 to4 months and return.on 2003 i had a period for 2weeks,and i asked one of the i nurses i knew and she told me that the contraception is draining out of my system, and she gave me pills to stop the bleed. 2004 i used that nuristerate for 2 months since then my periods were not normal but, as from last year i was back to normal. my problem is that i am trying to fall pregnant but i'm failing, can you please inform me with what could be the problem, your advise will be very helpful.

Dear Vavas

It appears that you have just recently started ovulating regularly and therefore my first advice would be to consider ovulation monitoring and using the urine testing such as clearplan. This will assist in timing intercourse more carefully, however should no pregnancy ensue then I would advise further investigation in particular some tests for tubal patency, this can be done through an x-ray called an hsg (hysterosalpingram) or by means of laparoscopy or transvaginal hystrography. I would also advise that a sperm analysis be done so that all the problems are detected early and can be dealt with accordingly.