Question
Posted by: Aries | 2004/11/18

Facial injuries

Ek weet nie of u kan help nie.
Ek was 4 jaar gelede in 'n ernstige motor ogeluk. Ek het my skouer-potjie gebreek, het 11 frakture in my kop en gesig gehad en bloeding op die brein gehad.
Ek het my reuksintuig verloor en tot vandag nog nie teruggekry nie.
Is daar 'n moontlikheid dat dit EENDAG sal terugkeer?
Is daar 'n operasie wat gedoen kan word om dit te herstel?

My skouer gee my ook van tyd tot tyd probleme. Veral as dit koud is, of as ek my skouer baie beweeg. Dan is daar 'n klap geluid, gepaardgaande met pyn

Expert ImageArchive

It sounds like you suffered quite a bit of trauma with the motor vehicle accident. You clearly sustained extensive injuries during that time and are still experiencing some after effects. To address and diagnose the problems that you are still experiencing, you need to see a neurologist. Due to the nature of injuries sustained in the accident particularly to the facial and brain areas, a neurologist is the best qualified expert that you must see. A neurologist will be able give you a thorough assessment of your injuries and the loss of sesation in your facial regions. A Biokineticist would not be able to help you in this situation until a clear diagnosis was made by a neurologist.

As for your shoulder,it sounds as though you might have some arthritic changes occurring in the joint. This normally occurs later in life and is often due to normal wear and tear. The clicking and grinding that you might feel in the shoulder is what we call "crepitus" and is normal symptom in an arthritic shoulder. However, to alleviate the pain and crepitus, I would suggest you have an assessment done and commence a rehab program of strengthening exercises for the shoulder. The purpose for strengthening exercises is to stabilize and protect the shoulder joint against further damage from the arthritis.