Posted by: Thash | 2012/11/15

Facial hair

I am a 32 year old female with dark coarse facial hair, i had blood tests done and my gp told me they were all normal, i have never been to a gynae before. so i was just wondering whats wrong with me?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I don't know what tests your doctor did, so can't comment. If you have regular periods, there is probably no need to see a gynae. Facial hair can be herifitary, so if it runs in your family it may be normal.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/11/18

Red, if you read the question properly you will see that Thash did go for blood tests which would have included hormone levels presuming the GP knew what he was doing. Maybe you should educate yourself and comprehend what you read before commenting.

Reply to Tanya
Posted by: Red | 2012/11/17

Excessive hair growth can actually be hormone related Tanya, and this can be treated with the pill etc. So please, no sarcastic comments until you educate yourself?

Reply to Red
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/11/15

Oh come on!! A gynae doesnt deal with facial hair - go and see a beautician and get advice from them. Really!

Reply to Tanya

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.