Our expert says:
Hi “Can’t Do This Anymore”, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response.
I am very sorry to hear what you have been going through and I will do my best to help.
There are a number of other reasons for ‘acne’ form type eruptions on the skin:
2. Lupus vulgaris: an infection by M. tuberculosis characterized by plaques typically on the face even in individuals with a normal immune system. Often becomes a chronic condition and patients are told ‘nothing can be done’. For diagnosis one needs to include tuberculin testing, chest x-ray, and a skin biopsy (PCR of paraffin embedded tissue has been used successfully to detect the organism).
3. Malassezia (Pityrosporum) folliculitis: Malasezia yeats may cause a folliculitis and a KOH preparation will show/prove abundant yeast on the skin. Typically this folliculitis is misdiagnosed for acne as it is seen commonly in young and middle aged adults.
4. Lymphocytoma cutis: lesions may be solitary or multiple and consist of firm purplish colored dermal nodules and the face and upper trunk are common sites.
5. Drug induced acne
1. Keratosis pilaris: usually present on the arms as well
2. Corticosteroid induced acne
3. Staphylococcal infection
4. Gram negative folliculitis
5. Herpes folliculitis
The above list is not 100% complete but is definitely a starting point to look further into the symptoms you are experiencing.
I would also suggest using the Omnilux (Photodynamic Therapy – PDT) to increase the natural healing of the skin and to accelerate the removal of the infective process. Furthermore one should consider a full blood work up to ensure that no other causes are to blame. I hope the above has helped and please let me know if I can be of assistance in any other way.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.