Posted by: anti wrinkle | 2008/08/07

face creams

Hi doc

I am a 54 yr old female. I have always looked after my skin, and I am also blessed with good genes. I do not smoke, and eat well.
Please advise me what creams I can use to try and keep the wrinkles at bay for a while longer. I am using the Nivea Dnage product at the moment, day, night and eye cream. I would like something to plump up my skin a bit more. There are many products and this is very confusing.

Also the neck area is one that needs attention. I am on a tight budget, so please help.

Many thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello ‘Anti-Wrinkle’, thank you for the question.

Considering one is on a tight budget I would keep using the Nivea products as your moisturizer and add the following:
Heliocare Gel SPF 50 (around R 190.00) for the face and neck, and unfortunately can only be found at doctor’s rooms who stock this range.
NeoStrata Face Cream Plus and then move on to NeoStrata High Potency Cream (both at around R300.00 and should last 2 to 3 months): both of these contain high concentrations of glycolic acid that will over time exfoliate the dead outer layer, increase collagen and elastin production, increase the moisturization ability of the Nivea products you are using, and improve the texture of the skin.
NeoStrata Renewel Cream (Vitamin A derivative around R280.00 and should last 2 to 3 months): a good anti-oxidant that helps to boost collagen production, soften fine lines, and increases the skin’s sun protection ability.