Posted by: Jane | 2008/07/07

face cream

I have a really big problem with my face. I get pimpels from all the creams Ive tried so far from the cheapest to the most expensive. I cant even wash my face with soap. Only clean water. Do you have any advice on something I could use please?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jane, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and discuss the various treatment options with you. My concern here is that just using soap causes the skin to flare up. Furthermore, this is a difficult question to answer over the net as examining the skin is important in determining the cause and prescribing the appropriate treatment regime. One needs to take into consideration a number of factors such as your age, pore size and distribution, type of acne, classification of acne, etc.

Until you get to see the dermatologist your basic at home regime should consist of the following:
Use OIL FREE moisturizers, SPF, and any makeup or other topical products you may be using.
DO NOT pick or squeeze the acne or blemishes on the skin.
DO NOT use an exfoliator or scrub the skin.
Gently wash your face twice daily with a foamy wash.
Specifically use products that are indicated for the treatment of mild acne. NeoStrata do have a range for acne/oily skin treatment, but it is important to know that similar ingredients may be found with Nimue, Environ, etc.
From the NeoStrata range I would recommend the following:
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser
Oil Free Lotion SPF 15 (day)
Oil Control Gel (night)
Spot Treatment Gel
Clear Skin Solution (once or twice daily)

My advice would be to get samples of the above products first and if there is no aggravation of the skin one can then decide on using them long term. My web page: has a visual acne grading system (under the Resources Tab) that helps to determine the acne classification and its treatment.

Posted by: PZ | 2009/03/25

Reply to PZ
Posted by: indian gal | 2008/07/18

hi jane
i know that you probably havent tried any indian creams but i promise they do wonders for the skin and are extremely cheap... theres a range called no marks that are sold in many spice shops. at gateway or any other spice shops... they have a range for acne as well and contain all herbal wonderful ingredients that having healing powers, why not give it a try... you have nothing to lose... go in and have a look at the products.theres many ranges available

Reply to indian gal