Question
Posted by: Chill1985 | 2007/06/20

Face

I am currently on Doxycyl antibiotics, 50mg a day. According to a homeopath that i went to see I have to much androgens in my blood which causes acne or just pimple breakouts. hence the reason i'm taking antibiotics. I still get bumps on my face every now and then but i can see my skin isn't healthy, some patches it is smooth and shiny like an ice cube other places it is a nice matt surface.

What skincare products can I use to sort out this problem. I have tried almost all of the over the counter product. I am currently using a tea tree face wash which dries out my skin.

Please help!

Dear Chill 1985
If you are a woman, it may help to use something like Diane with your antibiotics. Alternatively one can use Roaccutane under the supervision of a dermatologist. Try using a Vit B3 and Vit B5 supplement too. Go to a beauty salon and let them evaluate your skin and prescribe more specialized cleanser and moisturizer ( even if you are male..)