Posted by: Micky | 2011/06/07

Ezcema, fungal infection or deficient?

My son has been suffering from on-and-off ezcema since he was 6 weeks old. It comes and goes and flairs up during the dry winter months.

For the last 4 years our GP treated him for allergies and fungal infections, but nothing seems to work.
My medicine cabinet is full of useless and expensive medicine and creams that did not help at all.

The GP wants to send him for blood tests, but he has a fobia of needles and I just can''t bring myself to do it. She thinks that it might be auto-immune. I don''t want my child prodded and poked with needles.

The ezcema has a circular form, almost like ringworm, but it is not ringworm, neither any other form of fungal infection. It is mostly in his face, on his chest, shoulders, legs and especially his arms.

I''ve already eliminated soap and use special soap-free baby products on his skin and clothes. That didn''t seem to help much though.

Recently I got the idea he might be deficient, probably sulphur, but found very few articles about it on the internet.

I don''t know what to do any more. This skin rash is only getting worse despite my best efforts.

Please help!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageNatural health

hi Micky

it is very difficult to comment specific on skin conditions without actually seeing the condition.
General recommendation for skin health : omega oils (high dose), Dermatrue from Wings (practitioner only product).
MSM contains sulphur which assist with most functions in the body.
you do not mention if the skin is itchy ? also consider food sensitivities. Was your child breast / bottle fed. If bottle-fed a sensitivity to milk products might be a point to consider. This can create skin conditions as well. Did the skin condition started after any of the vaccinations - if so consider consulting with a homeopath.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.