Question
Posted by: SR | 2006/04/05

Eyesight Flickers

I have a strange eyesight problem that is really hard to explain.

From time to time, my eyesight starts to flicker. The flicker is in the shape of an arc, or rainbow. It starts small and concentrated at the center of my eyesight, then grows outward to the side then goes away. Also, each time it happens, it goes out to the opposite side.

This lasts for about 10-15mins a time.

If I look at my eyes while this occuring, they seem to be normal and wide open. No swollen veins or bloodshot.

Have you heard of such a thing and what should I do?

Thank you very much for your time,

SR

Dear SR
It could be sign of low blood pressure or it could be a warning that an artery in the brain is narrowed. You need to ask your doctor to check your bloodpressure, check your retinas ( the back of the eyes) and if needed, send you for a neurological opinion.