Question
Posted by: Lee ann | 2007/05/16

eyes

Please would you advise me im in my late 20s and have quite a few wrinkles around my eyes please could you advise a few products that actually work and are easy to find please thankx so much

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lee-Ann, thank you for the question.
Unfortunately the best treatment option for smoothing out wrinkles around the eyes is ‘botox’. Needling has had good success long term and certain ablative lasers and skin tightening machines have achieved acceptable results. As regarding specific products one should consider a combination of topical products with active ingredients and monthly glycolic peels, salicylic peels or even TCA peels (performed by trained medical practitioner) to get optimal results. Topical products should contain alone or in combination the following: alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA), poly hydroxyl acids (PHA’s), antioxidants (Prevage MD, Vitamins A, E and C) and moisterizer. Product ranges that contain these active ingredients are Environ, Skin Nutrition – both of which most salons should stock and NeoStrata (phone Genop Healthcare, Jhb listing, to find your closest doctor who stocks this range).

1
Posted by: Jade | 2007/05/24

Im a 36 year old woman. The last two weeks my eyes are very puffy (underneath my eyes). What's the cause and how can I prevent it. It has never been like this.

Reply to Jade