Posted by: Lee ann | 2007/05/16


Please would you advise me im in my late 20s and have quite a few wrinkles around my eyes please could you advise a few products that actually work and are easy to find please thankx so much

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lee-Ann, thank you for the question.
Unfortunately the best treatment option for smoothing out wrinkles around the eyes is ‘botox’. Needling has had good success long term and certain ablative lasers and skin tightening machines have achieved acceptable results. As regarding specific products one should consider a combination of topical products with active ingredients and monthly glycolic peels, salicylic peels or even TCA peels (performed by trained medical practitioner) to get optimal results. Topical products should contain alone or in combination the following: alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA), poly hydroxyl acids (PHA’s), antioxidants (Prevage MD, Vitamins A, E and C) and moisterizer. Product ranges that contain these active ingredients are Environ, Skin Nutrition – both of which most salons should stock and NeoStrata (phone Genop Healthcare, Jhb listing, to find your closest doctor who stocks this range).

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Jade | 2007/05/24


Im a 36 year old woman. The last two weeks my eyes are very puffy (underneath my eyes). What's the cause and how can I prevent it. It has never been like this.

Reply to Jade

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.