Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2007/04/16

Eyes

For the past year I have been convinced that the whites of my eyes are slightly yellow. Not the top half, only the bottom bit if I pull my eyelids down to inspect. I recently asked our GP and he said that they did not look yellow, but they do to me. I inspect peoples eyes all the time to compare them now...and myne are not white white...a bit too cloudy for me. Is there anyway to make them clearer, and brighter. I am 31, don't drink water, but do drink alcohol and smoke - is there anyway to REVERSE THIS PROCESS if it's just ageing or bad eating/drinking habits???

Dear Nicky
Yes, you can stop smoking, and increase your water intake. Also ask your GP to do a liver function test as abnormal liver function can give you yellow eyes. Irritation from smoke, dry air, dust etc can also cause a slightly yellowish tint.