Question
Posted by: L | 2007/03/06

Eyes

My husband has what seems to be a fatty growth just on the outside of his iris. He is not complaning of any pain and has not experienced any degeneration of his sight and it does not seem to bother him at all. I would just like to know if we should leave it or if it is something we need to worry about.

Dear L
It could be a pterigium, sometimes this grows over the iris and cause damage - rather let your GP keep an eye on it and have it lasered off if needed.

2
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/03/06

My mom also had a fatty growth and ignored it for years, until they discovered she had heritory CHOLESTOROL and that it was dangerously high! I don't think you should ignore it.

Reply to Cornel
Posted by: Blog | 2007/03/06

Hi L,

My husband has the exact same growth it is a tad yellowish. I sent him to our doctor and he confirmed that it is direct sunlight that causes this growth. He said that we don't have anything to worrry about.

Reply to Blog