Question
Posted by: Weird | 2006/10/27

Eyes

I hope you can help, my eyes are looking watery/ of colour not its usual white with a blood stripe from the one corner of the eye through the pupil to the next side on both eyes for about 7 days know. Do you know what can be causing this?

Dear Weird
You could have either an irritation conjunctivitis or you could have a pterigium - a thickening and ingrowing of blood vessels in the conjunctiva ( the cover of the white of your eye) due to allergies, dust, chemical irritation etc. Try using something like Spersallerg but if it does not get better quickly ask your Gp to have a look as you may need cortisone drops. If you have a yellow discharge you may also need antibiotic drops.