Question
Posted by: Elbal | 2004/10/21

Eyes

If both parents have brown eyes.. is it possible for the child to have blue eyes?

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Elbal

Yes it is possible, because both parents can carry gene variations for brown and blue eyes - brown is dominant this is why the eyes in the parents are brown - but when the child inherit the "recessive blue eye gene variation" from both parents the child will have blue eyes.

Regards, Maritha

1
Posted by: Kaleel | 2004/10/21

It depends on u're race and whether u have any ancestors with blue eyes. Both my parents had green eyes and i have crystal blue eyes because my great granddad had crystal blue eyes.

Reply to Kaleel