Question
Posted by: Everbush | 2007/12/11

Eye's scratchy

Hi Doc,

I get very little sleep at night due to having a 6 mnth old. The problem is that my eyes are always scatchy and I feel as though they are 'exhausted' (for lack of a better explanation). My question is, are they like this because I have not had sleep in such a long time or could it be that they have a mild infection that won't clear up.

What can I do to stop the scratchiness if it is only sleep related?
I need to do something cause it is affecting my whole life, I am always irritable and moody because my eye's are so sore. Sometimes my eye's are slightly red, they are not really pusy. Just damn scratchy and 'tired'.

Dear Everbush
I think you should let your GP have a look at your eyes - you may have dry eye syndrome, or an allergy or a viral infection. Try and find a friend or a grandma (or the dad) to take baby for "night duty" at least once a week for the night so that you can get some rest!