Posted by: Mike | 2010/07/23

Eye specialist/Optometrist

Good day doc.

i''m 25 year old guy and been using reading glasses for past 3 years (just as i started working which involve lots of time infront of pc - my eyes became very sore and red).

My problem is lately its been bothering me (not unbearable but rather VERY uncomfortable) so i''m not sure what the problem is. my eyes get very red at times and sometimes (rarely) bright light irritate my eyes.

my question: is the problem due to excessive laptop viewing? should i get new reading/pc glasses (this is my second pair now - had them checked out just over a year ago and got these)? or could the problem be that i need additional glasses (outside of reading/pc glasses - although i dont have probles seeing). who do i go for accurate diagnosis - eye specialsist or optometrist. i''m not too keen on the normal optometrists as i''ve had bad experiences with them not really identifying your probelm just slapping glasses on you which in turn really weaken your eyes.

Please advise.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult an opthalmologist for an examination and accurate diagnosis.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.