Question
Posted by: lee | 2003/12/09

Eye Problem

Good Morning!
Recently I have developed a slight twitch in my lower eye-lid, which occurs almost the entire day, every day.
I was wandering what causes this, and do I have any reason to be concerned? It can be slightly embarrassing-especially as I deal with people on a personal basis every day at work!
Thank you for your help!

Good evening :-). It is probably due to a slight electrolyte imbalance in the nerve supplying the eyelid and it should go away by itself. You can try putting a pinch of salt under your tongue and see if it doesn’t want to clear it up – it’s a simple remedy that often works and can’t do any harm. You can also try taking a Berocca® calmag daily for a week or so, but if it doesn’t clear up, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.