Question
Posted by: Junior | 2003/01/11

Eye problem

hello! i had a sty on my left eye but now its healing (ie going away) but a few weeks after i got the sty, a bump right next to my tear duct formed. this bump is reddish on the inside, when i fold over my eye lid. it also , sometimes, has a white spot on the top. its been there for +- 2 months. can you tell me what this is and if it will go away. if i do need treatment what can i put on it?
ps, i am on holiday in america and ill be here for a while so i might not be able to see a doctor.

Junior, it sounds like it might be an infected Meibomian cyst. You can try treating it with an antibiotic eye ointment and see if it goes away. If it doesn’t work you might have to resort to oral antibiotics and lancing it when it becomes soft (hopefully you’ll be home by then). Good luck.