Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/11

Eye laser operation

I have been wearing spectacles for the last 25 years. My glasses have become thicker over time. Some friends are advising me to consider laser therapy. What are the advantages and disadvantages? Seeing that I have been wearing specs for such a long time, am I still a good candidate? I am living in the Eastern Cape. \Where can I find the best doctor and advice on this? I am scrared and in need of honest advice.
Thank You.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with an opthalmologist, in order to discuss your concerns and to evaluate if you are a good candidate for laser treatment. It is a very safe and scientifically proven operation that can change your life dramatically.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Mary | 2008/07/11

I have had laser therapy probably more than 10 years ago, and it works super. For about two years now I only wear specks for my computer and reading, although I can read fine without the specks. It helps with the glare on the computer but I don't drive with them. Call the Eye Hospital and find out the procedures. For me it was really worth doing it.

Reply to Mary