Question
Posted by: Mants | 2007/03/06

EXTREMELY PAINFUL BREASTS

My last menstrual period started on 13 February this year. As always, the bleeding was heavy for the first day or two, and then light for three or four more days. For the past week now, I have excruciatingly painful breasts. I had severe mastitis with my 3rd baby two years ago, and boy - this pain is just as severe! Can this be deemed normal? I had my regular gynae check about 6 weeks ago, where he concluded that everything was fine. Your advice would be appreciated.

Tender breasts in the second half of the cycle are quite common. If it does not go away after your period, you will need to see a doctor.