Question
Posted by: Bit Worried | 2004/10/12

Extremely Dry Skin

I've had this problem for just over a month now.
I'm in a 5 year sexually active, steady relationship with no fooling around. My girlfriend is the only person I have had sex with for the past 5 years. We have unprotected sex all the time.

Lately, I've developed a skin condition on my penis. The skin is very dry, and not as elastic as it should be. (I have not been circumcised). I treat it with aquaous cream twice daily, but it will not improve.
The dryness does not have a colour or odour. It's only got the typical characteristics of dry skin.

At first I thought this was just a case of "winter skin". But it seems like a more serious condition. I believe my girlfriend has been true to me, and no fooling around with other partners has occured with either one of us. Which I believe should rule out any STD?!

Any idea what this might be? Anything you can suggest I can buy from the pharmacy to try and treat it?

Thank you for your time

BW, it sounds like a yeast infection and is nothing to worry about. If your girlfriend has a bit of an itch/discharge you can get vaginal cream from the pharmacy and just use a bit of it twice a day and she can use the rest, but if she¡¦s sure there¡¦s nothing you can just get an anti-fungal cream like Normospor® and apply it twice a day for a week. If it doesn¡¦t clear up, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.