Question
Posted by: Jo Anne | 2007/03/30

Extremely Dry hair after medical treatme

i was incorrectley treated for lukemia in my late teens, and therefater had a liitle hair growing on my back.. Ever since then the hair on my head has gone extremely dry almost like grassy with times.. i am aware that the mediaction might have caused this, as on neither my parents sides of my family have hair that ls so out of control.. (I look just like my dad.) Doctors keep suggesting different shampoos etc, but this problem I am assured come from within.. My sclap hurts when i brush my hair.. Could you please advice me to a specialist that could do blood test or test my hair to try and find the problem.. Thank you

Dear Jo Anne
Ask your GP to check your thyroidhormone and cortisol levels. If that is normal, he may need to refer you to a dermatologist as you may have a kind of eczema.

1
Posted by: Jo Anne | 2007/04/04

Thank you!

Reply to Jo Anne