Question
Posted by: tass | 2005/07/27

Extremee Head aches

extreme headache behind ears and from the eyes all the way down to spine blurr vision from time to time , vomiting to get relief,ring sound in ears and diziness

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Tass,

All the symptoms you have occur with what are called “primary headaches”. The most common of these are migraine and tension headache, and mixtures of the two. Fortunately you can be helped with the correct diagnostic and treatment techniques.
To get to the root of the problem, you need what is called a “multidisciplinary” approach. There are so many different structures in the head and neck are, all of which can be involved in the headache process, that no single specialist can have all the knowledge necessary to make a comprehensive assessment and diagnosis. For this reason, we have combined the expertise of different specialists who would normally treat headache patients in isolation, into a single more comprehensive body of knowledge. This enables us to provide a co-ordinated treatment plan, so that all the contributing factors are addressed.

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911.

1
Posted by: porra | 2005/08/17

Is it normal to have headache during menstuation?. Each and every month I get these headaches, its almost like a congestion headache just worst. I thought it was my contraceptives so I`ve changed from Tryphasil to Microvals but these headaches still occure.

Reply to porra