Question
Posted by: In pain | 2004/12/13

Extreme stress equals headache

About a week ago I went through a very stressful episode. I immediately developed a severe headache. Now a week down the line the headache has not budged - feels like it is getting worse. Now I am experiencing major mood swings and a bit of memory loss. Could I have "blown" something in my head?

In pain, it sounds like you might have a tension headache and all you need to do is to take a strong anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® combined with a strong pain killer like Tramacet®. I doubt that you “blew” something in your head, but if it doesn’t clear up with in a day or two on treatment the best would be to see a doctor. Good luck.