Question
Posted by: Cee | 2007/05/08

Extreme Pain in the Bones of My Legs

Hi, this has been an ongoing concern for about 5 years. I did go to the doctor 5 years ago but they couldn't find anything at that stage - I was 20 years old. I am now 25. Last night was the worst "episode" I have had with these pains. I could hardly move my left leg and it hurt to even flex my toes. It feels like it is in the bones and occurs only in my legs. There is no "set pattern" as to when the pain happens and occurs mainly at night, though it has happened rarely during the day. My mother was recently diagnosed with Arthritis of the spine (if that is of any importance)

Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Cee
It could be something called restless legs syndrome as you complain from it mainly at night. Unfortunately you supply too little information for me to really make a suggestion. I do suggest that you go back to your GP for a check-up and maybe some tests to rule out other diseases etc. Also remember that you are entitled to a second opinion. You can also do a search on restless legs syndrome for more info.