Question
Posted by: Grant | 2005/11/25

Extreme pain in foot

I am experiencing acute pain in my right foot, i am a long distance runner and always wear the proper shoes. I will go to bed with no problems and wake up with the pain, the only thing that helps is a anti-inflammatory, (diclofinac sodium) i however do not like using this as i have a few stomach problems which it seems to agrivate.

This problem used to occur only every now and again, but i have had 2 flair ups in the last week, what could it be? tendinitis? gout?

thanks for any help.

Expert ImageArchive

You have not given me a ocation on your foot as to where the pain is, but it would more than likely be a soft tissue injury.
Please go to a podiatrist call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249 podiatrist and ask the secretary to refer you to a sports podiatrist